At FAMM (Fundación Argentina María Montessori) we work to enable parents, teachers, professionals and all those dedicated to the full development of children, to find an orderly, practical and complete program for education and the formation of a person, though Montessori Education. This program serves to nurture the huge potential that lies in the most delicate and rich period of life: childhood.
Within this context, FAMM offers the following services to parents and institutions:
- Advising in the establishment of prepared environments for babies, toddlers and children from 3 to 6 years old.
- Advising in the transformation of a traditional environment to a Montessori one.
- Establishment of Montessori environments at home, schools and other institutions.
- Training of personnel from institutions with Montessori environments.
- Montessori consultancy for parents and institutions (we travel around Argentina and abroad).
- We deliver tailored talks and workshops at homes (for groups with a minimum of 6 people) and institutions.
- Guided visits to our model Montessori environment.
- We provide bibliography about Montessori education and advising depending on your topic of interest.
- Orientation on materials used for education for babies and children.
- Advising and orientation of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
Because we know that experiences at early childhood form the brain of the child and determine his/her cognitive abilities and his/her emotional balance. During the first three years of life, a child constructs a complex neurological system that allows him/her to walk, speak, analyze, take care, love, play, explore, and form a unique personality. 50 percent of the maturity of our intelligence is formed between 0 and 4 yeards old; 30 percent between 4 to 8 years old.
Because the first years of life are literally "fundamental", as they lay down the bases for the construction of personality. The formation of the character is specially a conquest that the child carries out through a long and gradual exercise between 3 to 6 years old in a special way.
Primary childhood occupies the first place in the list of purposes for development in Latin America, presented by economists and scientists gathered together to study the challenges faced in this region.
The return rate calculated on investment in good programs of preschoold education is 700 percent.
"The most important part of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six. For that is the time when a man?s intelligence itself, his greatest implement, is being formed.? María Montessori
Reasearched on neurosciences and cognitive psychology affirms nowadays this observation that María Montessori stated more than 60 years ago.