In 2010 FAMM created a network called MONTESSORI SOLIDARITY NETWORK which links all Montessori environments that receive children in social risk, both in Argentina and in the region.
The main idea is that these projects share their achievements and needs among them and with FAMM. In this way, our Foundation can help by spreading the word and informing their needs to Montessori schools around the country and the region, and thoese international organizations in which we are involved.
FAMM collaborates directly with Montessori social projects and actively works with these institutions in the evolution of these educational centres, promoting their establishment and their work, visiting them and providing consultancy with national and foreign staff, finding funds to provide scholarships for their teachers and/or Directors so they can be trained as AMI Montessori Directreses, and organizing campaings of clothes and food donation as voluntary contributions from participants of training events, talks and seminars, and permanently linking the need of social projects with possibilities and solutions.
At this moment, the environmets that make up MONTESSORI SOLIDARITY NETWORK are:
- Asociación Civil Casa del Niño María de Nazaret, Villa Ballester, Provincia de Buenos Aires: it has 2 graduated Montessori Directresses who had scholarships from a private donation and FAMM in 2009, and 2 teachers enrolled at the moment in the training course who have a partial scholarship from a private donation and FAMM. We are in need of fund to cover their registration fees.
- Asociación ACER, San Isidro, Provincia de Buenos Aires: it has 2 graduated Montessori Directresses who had scholarships from FAMM, and 3 teachers enrolled at the moment in the training course who have a 50 percent scholarship from FAMM and 50 percents funding from donations gathered by the association.
- Asociación Civil Alimentando Esperanza, Luján, Provincia de Buenos Aires: it has 5 graduates Montessori Directresses. 2 of them received a full scholarship from FAMM, and the rest, a partial scholarship, also from FAMM.
- Hogar de Niños, Zona Norte, Provincia de Buenos Aires: it has 1 Montessori Directress graduated in 2011.
- Mi Casita Montessori, Guatemala: it has a Guatemalan Montessori Directress who graduated in Argentina in 2010. This project is led by Shirley Yancor, who received a donation from an individual living in USA, to be able to travel to Bs. As. to attend the course and, to start her project in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala, afterwards.