Goals / Achievements
- Create a Training Centre accredited by AMI for the training of Montessori Directresses.
- Support the creation of new Montessori schools and promote the implementation of Montessori pedagogy in already established public and private schools.
- Work for equity in education, providing special support to institutions with scarce resources interested in adopting the Montessori pedagogy.
- Create a School for Parents that supports, stimulates and guides parents in their duty as first educators.
- Organize sympossiums, workshops, conferences and other activities that contribute to the understanding, advocacy and promotion of the Montessori philosophy in diverse areas of society.
- Cooperate with other organizations in the development of education and the defense of children's rights, guided by the conviction that a child fully developed becomes an individual compromised with solidarity, social progress and peace.
- April to December 2007. FAMM summoned those interested in the Montessori pedagogy and started to meet informally as a Montessori Study Group. Olivos Montessori School generously lent its facilities to the group.
- June 2007. FAMM is established formally and in February 2008 it became a juridical person.
- June 2007 to present date. FAMM provides free advising, assistance and monitoring in the implementation of Montessori education in school support Casa María de Nazareth for children from families with scarce resources in Villa Ballester.
- June 2007. FAMM organized 5 conferences to promote Montessori education (Catholic University of Argentina, IAE Business School, Austral University, María Santísima de la Luz Institute in Vicente López, and Olivos Montessori School), directed by Zarin Malva, Director of Montessori Training Centre in Bombay, India.
- FAMM launched its website.
- FAMM promoted Montessori education in the local press: La Nación newspaper and Tigris and Saber Vivir magazines.
- FAMM participated in radio shows from Radio América (The Cultural Explorer, hosted by Lorena Peverengo) and Association of Argentinian Private Radio Broadcasters.
- April 25th, 26th and 27th, 2008. FAMM participated as a speaker at the 1st World Assenbly and International Conference organized by OMEP (World Organization for Early Childhood Education).
- AMI passed the proyect for the realization of courses to train Montessori Assistants in 2008 and to train Montessori Directresses for children from 3 to 6 in 2009. With this, FAMM gained the status of AMI (Association Montessori Internationale) Training Centre.
- October 10th to 19th, 2008. FAMM organized the course "Foundations of Montessori Education", delived by PhD Silvia Dubovoy, Director of MISD (Montessori Institute of San Diego), at Pedro Poveda Institute in Vicente López and Hans Christian Andersen School in Belgrano. 87 participants got certified as Montessori Assitants by AMI.
- August 2009 to 2010. FAMM organized and delivered, with MISD, the 1st AMI training program for Montessori Directresses for children from 3 to 6 in South America. 28 students enrolled.
- August 2010. 23 students graduated as Montessori Directresses in Argentina.
- August 2010 to 2011. FAMM organized and delivered, with MISD, the 2nd AMI training program for Montessori Directresses for children from 3 to 6 in South America. 22 students enrolled.
- February 2011. FAMM inaugurated the Montessori Training and Research Centre in Austral Park, Pilar.
- February 2012. FAMM, together with MISD´s trainers, delivered the 3rd training program for Montessori Directresses for children from 3 to 6 in South America. 24 students enrolled.